Where to find me

5.13.2009

interesting observation



I was looking out my window yesterday & I saw a humming bird. He or she was just hoovering there by my mexican sage plant. I don't really know much about the humming bird so I looked up about them. Did you know they can fly backwards and are the only group of birds able to do so. Also they can fly at speeds exceeding 34 mph. Besides eating nectar they eat insects & spiders for protein. When hummingbirds feed on nectar, the bill is usually only opened slightly, allowing the tongue to dart out and into the interior of flowers. Hummingbirds are found only in the Americas. There are between 325 and 340 species of hummingbird. Their English name derives from the characteristic hum made by their rapid wing beats.
So now we know.....

xoxo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment